Landscape Industry Certified Lawn Care Technician – National
- Multiple-choice exam
- Exam must be passed with a minimum score of 70%
- Retakes allowed
- 3 years to study and take the exam after registration
|Exam Content||Number of Questions||Time Allowed|
* Additional fees required for PSI computer-based testing as listed on the application.
Group rates available. Call 800-395-2522.
Special Test Accommodations
PLANET complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) by offering candidates with documented disabilities the opportunity to request aids and services that do not fundamentally alter the assessment process. For special accommodations, call 800-395-2522.
- Refer to state pesticide handling guidelines and use “core manuals” provided by states to prepare technicians for the state licensing exam.
- Check out websites of turf schools for popular lawn care books and materials.
- Some popular books include Destructive Turf Insects by David J. Shetlar and Dr. Harry D. Niemczyk; Compendium of Turfgrass Diseases*, Third Edition, by Richard W. Smiley, Peter H. Dernoeden, and Bruce B. Clarke; Turfgrass Problems: Picture Clues and Management Options* by Eva Gussack and Frank S. Rossi, Department of Horticulture, Cornell University; Color Atlas of Turfgrass Diseases by Toshikazu Tani and James B. Beard;Turfgrass Management by A.J. Turgeon; Managing Turfgrass Pests by Thomas L. Watschke, Peter H. Dernoeden, and David J. Shetlar.
- If you’ve taken and passed the Landscape Industry Certified Lawn Care Manager (CTP) exam offered through the University of Georgia, you might want to reference the program’s Principles of Turfgrass Management course book (not sold separately).
*Offered in the PLANET Bookstore.
HOW TO REGISTER/APPLICATION
Complete the application, and mail or fax to PLANET with your payment. PLANET accepts American Express, Discover, MasterCard or Visa, or a check. Mailing address and fax number are provided on the application.
Recertification is a major component of a strong certification program. Certified individuals are required to submit 24 CEUs (Continuing Education Units) on a two-year cycle to maintain active status.
- Certificate of achievement
- Lapel pin
- Wallet cards with good-through date
- Press release for publicizing your accomplishment
- Online toolkit with logos, marketing ideas and templates to help you promote your certification
- Quarterly e-newsletter
- Listing on the Honor Wall
For questions or assistance, please call 800-395-2522 or email email@example.com.