Community Stewardship Awards
|Previous Award Winners
The Community Stewardship Award recognizes PLANET member companies and organizations that have demonstrated leadership through their dedication and contribution to the good of the community. PLANET is committed to honoring those companies that have made a real contribution to their community.
Community stewardship is demonstrated by carrying out and/or participating in community service projects. These projects may be industry related (green care for troops, improving or maintaining public or school gardens, other lawn/landscape/interiorscape/tree projects, etc), or non-industry related (walk/run, raising funds for the community, blood drives). The entry must demonstrate the company’s consistency over a minimum of a three year period.
We are pleased to work with Landscape Management magazine as the media partner of this award. As a result, each of our winning companies will be featured in their July 2015 issue and recognized at PLANET’s Renewal & Remembrance and Legislative Day on the Hill banquet dinner on July 20, 2015 in Washington D.C. In addition, PLANET will recognize these winning companies by listing them on the PLANET website and through social media efforts.
All entries must be received by PLANET no later than the following dates:
- Early Bird Deadline: Dec. 1, 2014
- Regular Deadline: Dec. 15, 2014
- Deadline Extended: Jan. 31, 2015
*Late or incomplete entries will not be included in the judging.
- Ability to demonstrate the company’s commitment to volunteerism and community service;
- Detailed list of company’s projects, donations, volunteer activities, and civic responsibilities demonstrating diversity and depth over the course of a minimum of a three year period;
- Questions answered that are representative of one leading the community;
- Ability to demonstrate the value of the landscape and lawn care industry within their community;
- Consistency in the company’s leadership and community outreach.
Nominations for the Community Stewardship Award must fulfill the following criteria, as set forth by the PLANET’s Public Relations Committee.
- The company applying must be a PLANET member in good standing of one of the following categories:
- Small Green Industry Service Provider (under $1 million annual revenue)
- Medium Green Industry Service Provider ($1 million - $5 million annual revenue)
- Large Green Industry Service Provider (over $5 annual million)
- State Association
**Winner(s) will NOT be selected by category. Judges will narrow based on a point system and final winner(s) will be selected at judges’ discretion.