For many years, the lawn care and landscape industry has recognized April as National Lawn Care Month. The start of the spring season is the perfect time to harness the public’s excitement about the outdoors and remind them about the benefits of a well cared for lawn.
PLANET supports lawn care and landscape companies who want to educate their clients about their lawns. This web page includes facts, resources, an infographic, photos, and a logo that can be used in a company's social media and client communications to promote National Lawn Care Month.
PLANET’s consumer site, LoveYourLandscape.com, will also have a web page dedicated to National Lawn Care Month which will share facts, statistics, and lawn care tips with homeowners.
Companies can join the social media campaign to promote National Lawn Care Month on Twitter, and Instagram using the hashtag #LawnCareMonth.
We know that our members are passionate about creating beautiful healthy lawns and yards, and we want to help them share their passion and knowledge with the public.
NATIONAL LAWN CARE MONTH TOOLKIT
You are welcome to download and use the following materials when promoting National Lawn Care Month.
- Click here to download the National Lawn Care Month logo.
- Click here to download photos.
- Click here and here to download an infographics about National Lawn Care Month.
- Click here to download an infographic about why Americans love their yards.
- Click here to view the press release.
- Click here to view and share a blog post about National Lawn Care Month.
- Click here to view the National Lawn Care Month Page for consumers on LoveYourLandscape.com.
SPREAD THE WORD
Here are a few ideas to help you spread the word about National Lawn Care Month.
- Link to the National Lawn Care Month webpage for consumers.
- Tweet about it. Write tweets using the facts and resources on this webpage. Use the hashtag #LawnCareMonth. Here are a few example tweets:
- Did you know that a 50 by 50 foot lawn provides enough oxygen for a family of 4?http://bit.ly/1fHpQD2 #LawnCareMonth
- Spring has arrived. Here are some tips to help care for your yard. http://bit.ly/1ArYBqv #LawnCareMonth
- Did you know 1 acre of grass produces more oxygen than 1 acre of rainforest. http://bit.ly/1ArZmjh #LawnCareMonth
- Did you know that lawns can be 30 degrees cooler than blacktop? http://bit.ly/1ArZmjh #LawnCareMonth
- Use Instagram. If you are an Instagram user, post photos of your lawn care work and tag the photo with #LawnCareMonth. Everyone enjoys photos of beautiful lawns and landscapes.
- Blog about it. Write about National Lawn Care Month in your company blog. Use the logo and photos to add interest to your post. Share lawn care tips on your blog or link to our blog post.
- Tell clients about it. Promote National Lawn Care Month on your website or in e-newsletters or e-blasts to clients. It will get them thinking about their lawn and get them excited for spring.
- Post to Facebook. Share some of the facts and resources on your facebook page.
- Lawns trap more than 12 million tons of dust and dirt annually. (The Lawn Institute)
- Turfgrass, like that found in our lawns, is much cooler than asphalt or cement. It acts as an “air conditioner” for the surrounding area (lawns can be 22 degrees cooler than urban asphalt "heat islands").
- Healthy turfgrass has many miles of fibrous roots that hold soil and filter rainwater. (National Arboretum Grass Roots Project) A single grass plant can have more than 300 miles of roots.
- It is estimated that a 50 by 50 foot lawn (2,500 square feet), releases enough oxygen for a family of four, while absorbing carbon dioxide, hydrogen fluoride, and perosyacetyle nitrate. According to NASA, one person consumes 0.84 kg of oxygen each day. This means that one square foot of grass will produce approximately half a kilogram of oxygen a day. (The Lawn Insititute)
- Research has found that people find stress relief and healing when interacting with nature or even when just viewing nature on a computer screen or through a window. (Nature Sacred.org)