Injuries to New Employees
The green industry is unique in that there are a large number of small companies who perform seasonal work and have constant employee turnover. This is an ever-present challenge for landscape and lawn care contractors.
As new employees learn their jobs, claim data shows they are at risk for a number of injuries. Employees who have less than three months of experience are more than twice as likely to be injured as employees with 3-6 months of experience.
Luckily, there are some simple steps that you can take to educate and protect your new employees during this difficult time.
The following materials address how to mitigate new employee losses:
- New Employee Orientation – SORCE On Demand*
- Construction New Employee Orientation — SORCE On Demand *
- Construction New Employee Orientation (Spanish) — SORCE On Demand *
- Safety Tailgate Training Manual (cost associated)
- 180 Safety Talks for Supervisors Booklet (cost associated)
- $afety $aves: Practical Ideas to Save Money and Lives CD (cost associated)
- Lawn Care & Grounds Maintenance Training DVD (cost associated)
- Maintenance Equipment Training DVD Series (cost associated)
- Landscape Construction Equipment Training DVD Series (cost associated)
- Safety Success Pak 4-CD (cost associated)
- PLANET/OSHA Safety Tip Sheets #1,#2,#4
- PLANET/OSHA Quick Cards #1, #2, #3
For more information on CNA's Risk Control services, visit www.cna.com/riskcontrol.
*To access a SORCE On Demand class, you must first set up a FREE account through the PureSafety webpage.