The following criteria must be met for each entry submitted. Any project not meeting these eligibility requirements or that is incomplete may be eliminated from judging.
- Company must be a current member of PLANET in the Green Industry Service Provider or Branch category.
- Required fee must be included with entry (submitted in U.S. funds only).
- Projects must not be owned by the entering firm (including showcase projects completed at your own facilities).
- Projects that have previously received a GRAND Award in a category may not be re-entered in the same category.
- A project may only be entered in one category per year, with the exception of Special Events.
- Projects entered in the Special Events category may be entered in one other category in the same year. However, each entry requires the submission of a separate entry form with payment, and separate CDs containing such photos.
- Decade categories entries: The Company entering in this category must have continuously managed the project for the prior 10 years or more and received a GRAND award for landscape management, lawn care, or interior plantscaping during that time period. The project must earn a score in the GRAND award points spread.
- Complete the online interactive entry form. Handwritten entries will not be accepted.
- Include the Checklist for Award Entries (attached to front of entry form.)
- Include a signed Photo Release Form found on the Environmental Improvement Awards page of the PLANET Web site.
- Include two (2) duplicate CDs (CD-R media CD) of the project images (slides will not be accepted). See Digital Image Entry Procedures section of this brochure.
- Photos tell the story, and you have between 12 and 15 opportunities, depending on the entry, to impress the judges with both words and photos. Make each photo count. Be concise with the verbiage, especially with special features, obstacles, timelines, etc. Avoid overly dramatic language. (See Tips for a Successful Awards Entry)
- Submit entry in a single envelope or package. Multiple entries can be sent together in one larger package as long as each entry is in its own sealed envelope.
- Recommended shipping is with a traceable and guaranteed delivery company.
- Submit completed submission (entry form, signed photo release, check off list, appropriate entry fee, and 2 duplicate CDs) for each project to
950 Herndon Parkway, #450
Herndon, VA 20170