Landscape Industry Certified Interior Technician (formerly CLT-I)
- Multiple-choice exam
- Two-part exam – each exam must be passed to earn this designation
- Flexibility to test by full exam or by exam 1, 2
- Each exam must be passed with a minimum score of 70%
- Retakes allowed
- 3 years to study and take the exam after registration
|Exam Content||Number of Questions||Time Allowed|
|Exam 1||108||2 hours|
|Plant identification; watering plants; top-watering and sub-irrigation systems; pruning and grooming; tropical plants and plant diseases|
|Exam 2||152||2 hours|
|Pesticide labels and MSDS; pesticide safety; pesticide alternatives and beneficial; pesticide federal laws; pesticide application; equipment, insects; fertilizers; nutrient problems and misc. plant problems and customer relations|
|FULL EXAM||260||4 hours|
$50 per exam
$75 per exam
* Additional fees required for PSI computer-based testing as listed on the application.
Group rates available. Call 800-395-2522.
Special Test Accommodations
PLANET complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) by offering candidates with documented disabilities the opportunity to request aids and services that do not fundamentally alter the assessment process. For special accommodations, call 800-395-2522.
This is a self-study program. PLANET recommends, but does not require, study materials for the Landscape Industry Certified Interior Technician exam. Study materials can also be used as in-house training and reference resources. Review Study Materials .
HOW TO REGISTER/APPLICATION
Complete the application, and mail or fax to PLANET with your payment. PLANET accepts American Express, Discover, MasterCard or Visa, or a check. Mailing address and fax number are provided on the application.
Recertification is a major component of a strong certification program. Certified individuals are required to submit 24 CEUs (Continuing Education Units) on a two-year cycle to maintain active status.
- Certificate of achievement
- Lapel pin
- Wallet cards with good-through date
- Press release for publicizing your accomplishment
- Online toolkit with logos, marketing ideas and templates to help you promote your certification
- Quarterly e-newsletter
- Listing on the Honor Wall
For questions or assistance, please call 800-395-2522 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.