Landscape Industry Certified Horticultural Technician (formerly COLP)
- Multiple-choice exam
- Two-part exam – each exam must be passed to earn this designation
- Flexibility to test by full exam or by exam 1, 2
- Each exam must be passed with a minimum score of 70%
- Retakes allowed
- 3 years to study and take the exam after registration
|Exam Content||Number of Questions||Time Allowed|
|Exam 1||149||2 hours|
|Plant physiology; plant identification; soils; plant establishment; fertilizers; measuring property and fertilizer placement; calibration of fertilizer delivery method; fertilization awareness factors; plant healthcare management (Chapters 1-10 in recommended study guide)|
|Exam 2||149||2 hours|
|Property map; determining plant health care programs for the landscape woody ornamental; insects and pests; woody ornamental diseases; physiological problems; chemical injury; diagnostic outline; pesticide delivery methods; safety in tree and shrub spraying; pesticide programs (Chapters 11-20 in recommended study guide)|
|FULL EXAM||298||4 hours|
$50 per exam
$75 per exam
* Additional fees required for PSI computer-based testing as listed on the application.
Group rates available. Call 800-395-2522.
Special Test Accommodations
PLANET complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) by offering candidates with documented disabilities the opportunity to request aids and services that do not fundamentally alter the assessment process. For special accommodations, call 800-395-2522.
This is a self-study program. PLANET recommends, but does not require, study materials for the Landscape Industry Certified Horticultural Technician exam. Study materials can also be used as in-house training and reference resources. Review Study Materials .
HOW TO REGISTER/APPLICATION
Complete the application, and mail or fax to PLANET with your payment. PLANET accepts American Express, Discover, MasterCard or Visa, or a check. Mailing address and fax number are provided on the application.
Recertification is a major component of a strong certification program. Certified individuals are required to submit 24 CEUs (Continuing Education Units) on a two-year cycle to maintain active status.
- Certificate of achievement
- Lapel pin
- Wallet cards with good-through date
- Press release for publicizing your accomplishment
- Online toolkit with logos, marketing ideas and templates to help you promote your certification
- Quarterly e-newsletter
- Listing on the Honor Wall
For questions or assistance, please call 800-395-2522 or email email@example.com.