| Has marketing your PLANET-certified status been working for you? Kennette Reed, CLP, a nationally known performance improvement and staff retention consultant, shares two ideas. |
- Write a blog post about it, or announce it to your youtube.com, facebook.com or linkedin.com connections.
- Send an announcement letter to current and prospective clients.
Reed owned an interiorscape business as well as multilocation retail floral businesses, and authored How to Break Into the Interior Landscape Business. Visit her Web site at interiorscapeconsulting.com.
Other marketing ideas can be found in the PLANET Certificant Toolkit. Promotional items are available for both certified individuals and for companies with certified employees. Check out the following resources and ways you can put them to use.
- Tri-fold brochure “Do you know who’s working for you?”Can be customized by your printer or hand-stamped with your company information.
- Envelope-size, bill stuffer: Insert with invoices to let customers know you have PLANET-certified staff.
- Residential door hanger: Print on pre-cut door hanger stock customized by your printer with your company information or hand-stamped.
- Bumper magnet template: Place on vehicle doors and trailers.
- Lapel pin: Wear on your company uniform to show off your certification status wherever you go.
- Certification logos: Use on letterhead, business cards, stickers, signs, and even on your Web site.
- Press release templates: Fill in personal and company information, and then send to your local media.
For more information, e-mail Zane Castle or call (800) 395-2522.
Return to the February 2009 Inside Certification