Ways to maximize certification at GIC
Going to the Green Industry Conference in Louisville, Ky., October 24-26, 2012? Check out the certification opportunities while you're there.
- Enjoy certification at Breakfast With Champions. Among the informative table topics, look for certification at the "Marketing Your Expertise" roundtable with champion Michael Becker, Landscape Industry Certified Manager. Breakfast With Champions starts at 7:30 a.m. on Thursday and Friday, Oct. 25-26, at the Louisville Marriott Downtown.
- Looking to add the Manager (CLP) designation? Learn about the Landscape Industry Certified Manager exam with Phil Allen, Ph.D., Landscape Industry Certified Manager. The Manager Exam Mini-Prep Session runs from 3 p.m. to 4:15 p.m., Thursday, Oct. 25, at the Kentucky Expo Center.
- Encourage colleagues to get certified at a discount. Save 25% individually or 50% for groups of four or more on select, full-exam registrations taken during the conference on Friday, Oct. 26, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., at the Kentucky Expo Center. Select exams include the Landscape Industry Certified Manager (formerly CLP), Interior Technician (formerly CLT-I), Horticultural Technician (formerly COLP), Lawn Care Technician-National (NEW exam), and Lawn Care Technician (formerly CTP-CSL).
- Enter to win a new designation. Stop by PLANET booth #3134 or the University of Georgia Center for Continuing Education booth #4037 at the GIE+EXPO on Oct. 24-26 at the Kentucky Expo Center for a chance to win a free Landscape Industry Certified Manager or Lawn Care Manager registration. PSI computer testing fees, if applicable, are separate. Winners will be announced post-show.
And, while you're at the PLANET booth, ask for a magnetic bumper sticker—available one per active Landscape Industry Certified individual while limited supplies last.
- Check out the bookstore. PLANET booth #3134 and the satellite bookstore at the Kentucky Expo Center will have recommended study materials for certification exams to view and order. Publications are also available at LandcareNetworkStore.org.
The latest recommended certification materials include the Interior Plantscaping Reference & Study Manual, which comes bundled with the Guide to Interior Landscape Specifications, as well as training videos as part of the Landscape Training Manuals for Technicians. Take a tour of these videos and accompanying manuals at Landscapetechnician.net.
- Earn CEUs. To maintain your Landscape Industry Certified status, you must recertify every two years with 24 CEUs. GIC is approved for PLANET recertification at 1 CEU per hour of instruction attended or a maximum of 12.5 CEUs for attending the full GIC.