"Certification can make you and your company more attractive and more in demand," says ICC Chair Michael Becker, Landscape Industry Certified Manager. "You'll stand out, but not if you keep it a secret." Wise advice.
As a Landscape Industry Certified Manager or Technician, you set the standard for professionalism in the industry. Using your revamped certification toolkit, your imagination, and simple strategies, you can promote your certification, impress and assure customers, enhance your career, and gain recognition from your colleagues and supervisors. Here are a few ideas to get you started.
- Use Landscape Industry Certified after your name on all correspondence to showcase your credentials.
- Add Landscape Industry Certified and include the logo to your business card, and use your card when meeting with customers and potential business partners.
- Use Landscape Industry Certified and logo as part of your email signature.
- Wear your Landscape Industry Certified pin and logo on your apparel.
- Hang your Landscape Industry Certified certificate in a visible place of honor in your office.
- Send a news release (template provided in the toolkit) to your customers and media announcing this achievement. Don't forget your alma mater.
- Seek or accept speaking engagements that will promote you as Landscape Industry Certified, and give you and your company more exposure.
- Volunteer a testimonial or submit an article to PLANET or other organizations to use in its communications, promotional material, and website.
- Add individual's name with the Landscape Industry Certified designation and the logo next to that person's name on your company's website and on your company's promotional literature.
- Put the Landscape Industry Certified logo on your company vehicles.
- Advertise employee achievement in the company newsletter.
- Do a news release or other media format about your Landscape Industry Certified staff.
- Advertise to customers that employees hold this designation, showing commitment to excellence.
- Use the social media and blog posts to list your staff's credentials and help build your business.
- Announce that you have Landscape Industry Certified on staff on your on-hold messaging or voice mail.