I took the exam because I wanted to take every opportunity to further my education and have a step-up on other students who may be competing in the marketplace with me.
Studying for and taking the exam gave me a better understanding of the industry and what a future employer will expect from me.
Add Landscape Industry Certified To Your Resume
Students can take up to 50%* off the exam fee! Take advantage of these savings and boost your career. Register today – call 800-395-2522 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. *Students at PLANET accredited schools receive 50% off.
- Landscape Industry Certified Manager (formerly known as CLP)
- Landscape Industry Certified Interior Technician (formerly known as CLT-I)
- Landscape Industry Certified Horticultural Technician (formerly known as COLP)
- Landscape Industry Certified Lawn Care Technician (formerly known as CTP-CSL)
- Landscape Industry Certified Lawn Care Technician–National
Once enrolled, students have up to three years to study and take the exam. Tests may be taken at any conveniently located PSI computer testing centers* nationwide, at designated on-site locations, or PLANET can work with you to offer testing at your school with a minimum of 10 registrations.
* Discounts do not apply to PSI computer testing fees, to the Landscape Industry Certified Technician-Exterior exam, which is offered exclusively by state/provincial association licensees, or to the Lawn Care Manager program offered through the University of Georgia.
Why get certified?
Employers are looking for the thing that sets you apart. You are the future of our industry. You demonstrate excellence, passion, and professionalism. Take it one step further by becoming Landscape Industry Certified through PLANET.
You’re in study mode, so why not take the extra step to get Landscape Industry Certified and make yourself more marketable in the real world?
Achieving Landscape Industry Certification can:
- Enhance your hiring potential.
- Enhance your professionalism.
- Create a sense of personal achievement.
- Increase respect and recognition among your peers.
- Increase your credibility.
- Ensure that you are continually improving and refining your pursuits.
- Improve your overall performance.
Which certification program is right for you?
- Landscape contractor business owners or managers should consider the Manager (CLP) designation. MORE
- Exterior technicians in softscape installation, hardscape installation, turf maintenance, ornamental maintenance, or irrigation should consider the Technician - Exterior (CLT-E) designation. MORE
- Interiorscape technicians should consider the Interior Technician (CLT-I) designation. MORE
- Green industry professionals looking to expand or reinforce their knowledge of landscape plant life should consider the Horticultural Technician (COLP) designation. MORE
- Lawn care professionals wanting a well-rounded foundation in warm- and cool-season turfgrass establishment, growth, maintenance, troubleshooting, and customer relations should consider the Lawn Care Manager (CTP) designation. MORE
- Lawn care practitioners looking to underscore their professionalism and commitment to best practices should consider the newest designation, Lawn Care Technician - National. MORE
- Lawn care professionals focusing on cool season lawns should consider the Lawn Care Technician (CTP-CSL) designation. MORE
What Does It Cost?
Each exam has different fees. PLANET members receive a discounted rate. Please visit the webpage associated with the certification you are interested in achieving for complete details. Study materials cost extra.
Questions? Contact PLANET at email@example.com or call 800-395-2522.