PLANET’s Breakfast With Champions
Instructions and Guidelines
Thursday, October 25 and Friday, October 26
7:30 – 8:30 a.m.
The champions' role is as a facilitator, not a speaker. The magic of the Breakfast with Champions is the sharing of ideas within a group of people. The champions’ primary role is to keep the discussion focused on the topic and ensure everyone participates. Following are some instructions and general guidelines:
- Make sure you are registered for the Breakfast With Champions. Due to the number of champions needed, we are not able to offer complimentary registration for this event.
- If applicable, bring 10 handouts – one for everyone at your table.
- Please be on time! Champions must arrive no later than 7:00 a.m. at The Marriott Louisville Downtown in the Marriott Ballroom to check in. You will have 15 minutes to get your breakfast and settle in at your table before we open the doors for the participants at 7:15 a.m.
- Each morning will start promptly at 7:30 a.m. with a short orientation and welcome.
- Have everyone at your table exchange business cards and introduce themselves, tell where they are from, their position and what they would like to get out of the discussion. This is a great way to break the ice.
- This is not an appropriate time to be selling your product or service if you are a vendor or supplier. The focus of this networking opportunity is to learn from what others in the industry think and do.
- Be prepared to ask open-ended questions and to keep any one person from dominating the conversation. You will want to keep the discussion focused and encourage everyone to participate.
- Encourage people to keep in touch. Everyone should have exchanged business cards by now and remember you will need everyone’s address for mailing the discussion notes.