FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Lisa Schaumann
Contact: Heather Finney
PLANET ANNOUNCES NEW AEF AMBASSADORS
HERNDON, Va., March 21, 2012 — The Professional Landcare Network (PLANET) is pleased to announce that the following PLANET member companies have recently committed $25,000 to the PLANET Academic Excellence Foundation (PLANET AEF) making them the newest PLANET AEF Ambassadors:
- Ed Castro Landscape, Inc., based in Atlanta, Ga., emphasizes environmental sustainability to create ecologically harmonious environments.
- Include Software Corp. is based in Annapolis, Md., is a fully integrated job cost business management software for landscaping companies.
- Lambert Landscape Co., based in Dallas, Texas, has set an industry standard in the design, installation, and maintenance of fine gardens.
- Michael Bellantoni, Inc., based in White Plains, N.Y., has been providing professional grounds management services throughout Westchester and Rockland Counties, Southern Connecticut and the New York Metropolitan area since 1963.
- Swingle Lawn, Tree & Landscape Care, the experts in caring for Colorado's lawns, trees and landscapes, since 1947.
- Terracare Associates, based in Colorado with offices in Northern California, is one of the leading landscape maintenance and public infrastructure maintenance contractors in the Western United States.
“On behalf of PLANET AEF, I want to thank our newest ambassador companies for their generous support of the next generation of green industry leaders and for being among the first since launching our ‘5-by-5’ initiative,” said Jim McCutcheon, Landscape Industry Certified Manager, and PLANET AEF President.
PLANET AEF was formed in 1998 to promote and advance the lawn care and landscape services industry by supporting academic excellence. To fulfill its mission, the Foundation relies on tax-deductible donations and long-term pledges from individuals, corporations, organizations, and estates. Since its inception in 1998, the PLANET AEF, formerly the ALCA Educational Foundation, has given nearly $600,000 in scholarships and awards to 585 students. The Foundation’s assets total more than $2 million.
For more information about the PLANET AEF scholarship fund, call 800-395-2522 or visit LandcareNetwork.org.
PLANET is the association of members who create and maintain the QUALITY OF LIFE in communities across America. With approximately 3,800 members and affiliates, these firms and their employees represent more than 100,000 green industry professionals. Some of these professionals have taken the extra step of becoming certified through PLANET and bear the distinction of being known as Landscape Industry Certified.